Regularly scheduled sessions assist women in reaching their goals. Topics include:
- Professionalism and Networking
- Improving Communication Skills
- Resumé and Cover Letter Tips
- Interview Techniques
- Improving Self-Esteem
- Budgeting and Financial Planning
- Educational Opportunities
- Resumé Coaching
- Bi-monthly workshops on how to create a resume and cover letter
- Individual assistance to make your resume shine
- Mock Interviews
- Bi-monthly workshops covering what to expect, interview styles and skills to put your best foot forward
- Practice your skills and get feedback and tips to ace your interview
- Monthly Workshops: topics include: Job Readiness, Professionalism, & Money Management
Career Readiness Bootcamp
This class meets every other month and is designed for job-search clients to become career-ready. Topics will include personal branding, resume coaching, job searching, budgeting, professional image, networking.
Classes and Certification Courses available for Microsoft Office 2007
Computer 1 on 1 - Increase your computer skills in individual setting
Computer Lab - Fill out applications, on-line job searches, or access your email for job search free of charge with one hour time limit
View job postings from local agencies
Career Corner Library
Check out books related to personal or professional development
Suit-Up for Success
At our boutique, job readiness clients who have a pending job interview receive one-on-one coaching from a Personal Shopper and select an appropriate interview suit to make the transition back to the workforce easier. Outfits include accessories and are free to clients to keep.
After gaining employment, clients return for additional workplace outfits and the opportunity to join our Women's Professional Network, an employment retention and career advancement program.
Interview suiting - 1 to 2 interview appropriate business suits
Employment suiting - 5 to 8 career outfits for newly employed women
We help clients develop an individualized plan for succeeding in the workplace and throughout their lifetime. We also provide referrals to other community resources for other assistance.
Meet with a staff person to develop goals, gain support, get employment guidance and discover other resources in the community.
Women's Professional Networking Group
This career development program is open to clients who have successfully gained employment and who are committed to ongoing professional and personal development.
Each meeting consists of networking and a presentation focused on personal and professional development.